Thursday, April 9, 2009

Game Guide and Review: Treasure Maps

My last Game Guide and Review by id number was on Sakhmet Solitaire. The next game going in id number order is Treasure Maps with an id number of 78. If you have a request for a guide on a specific Neopets game, then just comment on any of my game guide posts and I will put that on top of my list of games to review. When I do not have requests, then I will just continue going in order by id number.

Treasure Maps

Treasure Maps is not exactly what I would consider a game, but it does have a game id number type page. There are five types of maps to complete. Each map has nine pieces to find. You will sometimes get pieces as random events with the PetPet ones seeming to be the ones I get most often, but even those I do not get too regularly. You can also just buy them from user shops by searching the shop wizard, get them in auctions, and trade for them. I believe you can also get pieces in the Scorchy Slots game.

Four of the maps just give you Neopoint and item prizes. The Original Map gives you between 5,000 to 10,000 Neopoints and 3 or 4 very rare random items. The Spooky Map gives you between 5,000 to 10,000 Neopoints and random Spooky Food items. The Space Map gives you between 5,000 to 10,000 Neopoints, 3 or 4 very rare random items, and raises the level of one of your pets. The Underwater Map is retired, so pieces become rarer over time, but I believe you can still get prizes by putting it together. The prizes for it are between 5,000 to 10,000 Neopoints, aquatic food items, and raises the level of one of your pets.

The other two maps allow you to visit the two labs that change the stats, color, and/or species of Neopet/PetPet. The Secret Laboratory Map gives you permanent access to the Lab Ray that randomly alters your Neopet when you complete it. The Petpet Laboratory Map gives you permanent access to the PetPet Lab Ray that randomly alters your Neopet when you complete it.

4 comments:

Kendall said...

Found your blog via the 31 day challenge comments! My younger cousin loves neopets and I'll be sure to send your link to her!

Good luck with the challenge!

- Kendall

Andi said...

Found you on 31DBBB I am on blogger too and can send you info on email comments, I am away from home and typing on my iphone will send you info later!

wildcat1001 said...

Andi: That would be very helpful info to know.

Laura Brown said...

I haven't played Neopets for ages. Once I met my goal to get a million NP there wasn't much to keep going for. Came here from the 31 Day Challenge.