Sunday, April 5, 2009

Game Guide and Review: Sakhmet Solitaire

My last Game Guide and Review by id number was on Brain Tree Quest. The next game going in id number order is Sakhmet Solitaire with an id number of 76. If you have a request for a guide on a specific Neopets game, then just comment on any of my game guide posts and I will put that on top of my list of games to review. When I do not have requests, then I will just continue going in order by id number.

Sakhmet Solitaire

Sahkmet Solitaire is basically just regular solitaire. The object of the game is to get all the cards stacked in order from Ace to King by suit. To help unlock cards in the draw pile and under the play stacks you move cards around to put in order from King to 2 with alternating colors (i.e. 9 goes on a 10 and a red must go on a black of the number above it, so a black 9 must go on a red 10).

It costs 50 Neopoints to play. You can choose to play with a draw pile of 1 or 3 at a time. With 1 at time you can only go through the pile once, but with 3 you can go through it three times. I prefer the 3 at a time, but really I find I have just as much of a chance of winning either way. Most of the time I do not win, but almost always I at least make my 50 Neopoints back. Thus it is not often a big Neopoint winning game, but it is not much of a losing one either.

Overall I find the Solitaire game kind of boring and I do not like that ever time you move a card it causes a refresh so that you then have to scroll down to seem the bottom of you in play stacks. Other computer versions are much less frustrating in this respect. I also feel that it used to work out fine, but since they changed the layout of Neopets with more up top it has caused the current issue that it was not designed to deal with anyways.

No comments: