Monday, September 15, 2008

Game Guide and Review: Scarab 21

My last Game Guide and Review by id number was on Pyramids. The next game going in id number order is Scarab 21 with an id number of 70. If you have a request for a guide on a specific Neopets game, then just comment on any of my game guide posts and I will put that on top of my list of games to review. When I do not have requests, then I will just continue going in order by id number.

Scarab 21

Scarab 21 is a card game in which there are 5 columns that you try to put cards to equal 21 in. The column clears when you get 21. The game ends when you cannot place the card from the draw pile in a column without causing it to go over 21.

The cards 2 through 10 are worth their face value. Jacks, Queen, and Kings are all worth 10 each. The Ace can be worth 1 or 11.

The points for clearing the column vary depending on how you clear it. For example, you get 5 points for putting five cards in the column and not reaching 21. You get 21 points when you use an Ace and a ten point card. One of the best bonuses is getting the Ace of Spaces and Jack of Spades together, as it gives you 50 points. Another point bonus is for getting through the deck at which point the deck is reshuffled and the game continues.

Overall this is a fun card game in my opinion. I enjoy playing it when I have the time and at times I get a little too addicted to it.

No comments: