Monday, March 30, 2009

Neopets Puzzle Adventure for Nintendo Wii

I played the Neopets Puzzle Adventure for the DS back in December 2008. The Wii game has been in my Gamefly Game Q sine then. I really enjoy the DS game and had similar expectations for the Wii game. I will admit the Wii game is pretty much the same and thus it would seem it would be enjoyable, too. However, the controls just are not all that great for a puzzle game and it seems the game really worked better as a touch screen control puzzle game and perhaps the PC version works good too with mouse control, but the pointing Wii remote controls are not very smooth working. This I could probably deal with, but that is not the only issue.

The game's graphics are also pretty crappy with the worst part being the text is mostly too small to read, which makes navigating the menus and stuff a pain. Also, it seems to very laggy throughout along with the loading screens seeming to take longer than most games.

Basically I do recommend the DS game if you like puzzle games, especially Othello, however, I do not recommend the Wii version no matter what. I gave up even trying to play it for some codes to enter on the site because it is of such poor quality. I know a lot of Wii games get a reputation as poor quality, but I have seem nothing this horrible on the Wii before.



No comments: