Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Real Time Search Engine Leapfish

One of the newest ways to search has been released and is called leapfish. It is a real time search engine that supposedly delivers more deeply buried web content, as it utilizes real time things like tweets. I used it to search Neopets atlas of the ancients plot guide, as that is a current thing going on related to Neopets. The first result was Neopets FAQ page for the plot, which I think it not relevant to what I want to see first, but is the same thing that comes up first on Google.

Honestly, I am not impressed with the results. They are almost identical to what Google spits out. Only difference was the FGN Guild's guide coming up on the first page of results, but at the same time it did not have the one blog like result that was a good one seen on Google. I got to admit, though, that I do like the feature of flipping through the results with the arrows just slides in the next page and is not actually loading the next page as its own page, as it loads in the frame. I guess this feature can help get to the more buried stuff faster than having to keep clicking next on Google.



Post?slot_id=85092&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

No comments: