Friday, April 11, 2008

Game Guide and Review: Spacerocked!

My last Game Guide and Review was on Guess the Card. The next game going in id number order is Armada with an id number of 18, however I just noticed Neopets released a new game called Spacerocked!, so I am going to go out of order and do my first impressions game guide and review instead. Armada will likely be done tomorrow or Sunday instead. If you have a request for a guide on a specific Neopets game, then just comment on any of my game guide posts and I will put that on top of my list of games to review. When I do not have requests, then I will just continue going in order by id number.

Spacerocked!



In this game you slingshot an object towards the end of the level, which is Dr. Sloth's Ship. It is not enough just to get to the end, but your object actually has to hit the ship.



To start you angle the slingshot with the up and down arrow keys. You then press the spacebar to shoot the item (can be an asteroid, Neocola can, book, etc.). Try to press space when the slingshot is glowing green to get it shoot the farthest. You can take you time and wait as it glows from red to green to red and back to green to get the best feel for when to hit space.



While the asteroid (or other object) is in the air if it hits a green comet it gets a boost up and thus flys further (also gives you 200 bonus points). I believe a red comet does the opposite and makes your item fall to the ground, but I am not postive as I could not get mine to hit a red comet.

Other objects that can for sure stop the progress of your object is the lava holes and the steam geysers. Also the pipes stop you if you land in front of them thus preventing a successful bounce and slow you if you land on top of them.



Other things that can help are the oil looking puddles on the ground, which give you an extra boost icon if you do not still have your three boosts. Also, you get a boost if you land on a purple Grundo as well as get 500 bonus points.

At first it seems you can never get to the ship, but that is if you do not use your boosts of which you start with three per level and they are represented by the Grundo heads in the top left corner of the game. To use a boost you press B and this will make the Grundo fly onto the screen and boost the item into the air making it go farther. Mastering using these at the right time can also help avoid obstacles that slow or stop your object, however if poorly used near the end it may make your object fly over Dr. Sloth's ship and thus not beat the level. If you do get to the next level, though, you get a fresh three chances to beat the level.



Neopoint payout is 10 Neopoints per 100 points, so you need 10,000 points to get the max 1,000 Neopoints per play in this game.

Overall I think this new game is fun, but it is going to take a lot of practicing to get good at and I am starting to think some luck may be involved in that the levels are not uniformly laid out every time. So far I have only made it to the second level, but you do get a cooler bigger slingshot on that level and perhaps even bigger and cooler ones as you progress.



Use Buzzfuse* to easily rate, review, and share this item

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The red comets destroy your shot.

The steam vents are only deadly when they are shooting steam.

The magma pools do not hamper you; instead they (against all reason) give you a boost and 100 points.

wildcat1001 said...

Maybe the changed the game, but when I was playing and writing this guide I died every time I landed in a lava pool.

I know the rules now say that the lava pools give a boost, but when I was playing when this first came out it most definitely did not boost me and rather ended my game. Perhaps it was a glitch when the game came out.

Anonymous said...

The red asteroids explode when you hit them, and your rock stops..

tigerz089 said...

the magma pools give you the 100 point bonus...the open red holes end your shot