Saturday, April 5, 2008

Neopets Games No Longer Are Pop Up Windows

I noticed this yesterday when playing Dungeon Dash, but forgot to blog on it. This new feature on Neopets is that the flash games no longer open up in new pop up windows when you click on the image to play them. Instead the link goes to the next page as normal when you click on most other links and that page loads the game on the page. This probably helps Neopets with ad revenue, as this page contains the normal Neopets page layout with the top bar navigation stuff, top ad, and side ad. Underneath the side ad it links to some related games you may like if you are enjoying the current game you are playing. I like this new format. For one, in clicking games like Advert Attack it is now a lot harder to accidentally click outside the game. I also like how above the game it tells you the current top three in the high score table.

By the way here is the direct link to the Dungeon Dash game to see what I mean by the new way games display. When posting and linking to games, though, I will be sticking to directing to the game info pages, as I have been doing and not the direct play links unless I get requests to switch to linking to them that way.

What do you think of the new way that the games work? Do you like the displaying on the page better or do you like the old pop up way?


Please click button below and rate my post.

Use Buzzfuse* to easily rate, review, and share this item

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The idea of no popups is honestly very frustrating. My cursor has this thing where it moves by itself to the X sometimes and close my windows, which is why I never maximize them. Now I can't even minimize them because my game will be cut off. Thanks a lot, Neopets.